Dem., Kerry lawyers try to squelch anti-Kerry ad

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Sat Aug 7 00:28:36 EDT 2004

On 6 Aug 2004 at 17:20, Brian Vita wrote:

> While I don't particularly agree with their methodology, I don't find
> their message any less deceiving than the aforementioned Fahrenheit 911 or
> any of Michael Moore's speeches.  Its amazing how they squeal when the
> shoe is on the other foot.

I have already been critical of Michael Moore, but Fahrenheit 9/11 is mild in comparison with
what's been put out about Kerry's medals.  Moore does not make directly false statements,
but cleverly relies on half-truths and insinuations.  If you listen carefully to what he says, it's
literally true, but it gives you the impression that other things unstated are so.

For example, he says that the Taliban met with businessmen in Texas while Bush was
governor.  He doesn't say that they met with Bush or with anyone connected with Bush.  I'm
sure there were many meetings in Texas while Bush was governor and he had nothing
whatsoever to do with most of them.  But the insinuation is there.

If people want to disagree with the statements Kerry made 30 years ago about the Vietnam
War and to criticize him for making those statements, that's legitimate.  And if they think the
statements he made 30 years ago disqualifies him from being President today, they are
entitled to say that.  But to make blatantly false statements about him is something else
again.