outdated stuff

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Wed Aug 4 22:57:42 EDT 2004

   Sid Whitaker wrote:

> But my personal favorite...The Univ of New Hampshire > fall 2004 course
schedule which advises that weather->related cancellations can be heard on
WHEB, AM-75
> (!) (how long as WHEB-AM been dark? 20 years?)

   As recently as last year, in the printed bus schedule booklets for
Plymouth & Brockton Bus Co. line runs from Cape Cod & South Shore areas to
Boston, in the "fine print" if you will (the rules, policies, etc.) it had a
list of radio stations that would air any weather or emergency related
service changes or cancellations in bus service. Among the stations listed
as recently as the Spring 2003 schedule booklet: WHDH 850 kc. I haven't seen
a 2004 schedule, so I don't know if they've found out that WHDH disappeared
in 1994 and WEEI now occupies 850.

Mark Watson