Housing To Be Built On WSMN-Owned Land

John J. Francini francini@mac.com
Fri Apr 30 08:22:33 EDT 2004

Well, as someone who lives a couple of miles from WSMN's towers and
studios, I guess I have mixed feelings about this.  I welcomed their
format shift to "The Tiger" two years ago, because it meant a local
signal for Red Sox broadcasts. WEEI's signal turns to hash after dusk
around here, and WGIR 610 Manchester is no better.

(WEEI needs to buy a 50KW FM blowtorch in this area, just as they did
in RI, but that's a rant for another day.)

In any event, WSMN carried the games, so I listened to them. Nothing
else that they had - especially the stock-picking business talk
during the day - was interesting to me.

This year, even though their web site claims they're still in the Red
Sox network (as does the Red Sox site), they haven't carried a single
game.

Without carrying something useful, I consider WSMN to be merely a
source of front-end overload that I have to drive past two or more
times a day.

Interestingly, I noticed a couple of days ago that WSMN's aging,
faded sign by the road on West Hollis St had been knocked over.
Couldn't tell if it was from the wind or from a car.

John

--
----
John Francini <mailto:francini@mac.com>