Radio New England Magazine

Chuck Igo chuckigo@maine.rr.com
Mon Apr 26 17:31:41 EDT 2004

Of Barry Lunderville's appearance on the scene with his fond
recollection of Jerry Howard, Gary wrote of Radio New England (RNE)
Magazine:

>>   I remember loading those reel-to-reels on Sunday mornings of Radio
New England Magazine at 8:00 right after airing the vinyl of Powerline.
Your comments brought back memories of my first start at radio which
paved my way to an on-air radio shift on weekends and a music
programming job at our new FM station( I started when we were just AM).
Thanks for the memories and I recall the King Arthur Flower spots. <<

I, too, remember rackin' the reels-o'tape from Barry & Company on the
weekend.  And woe be unto those of us who forgot to return the reels!
(duckin' & grinnin', Barry) ;-)

As I mentioned to Barry in a separate, off-list reply, the show, Radio
New England Magazine, was a fun hour of radio with, yes, lots of ideas
on how to best use a bag of King Arthur Flour, and also had a variety of
regional flavor, such as Jerry's "Pickens" character, and some nice
ideas of things to do, too.  (not unlike the abbreviated-yet-timely WBZ
New England Weekend minutes)

My condolences to Jerry's family and friends, such as Barry, and thanks
for a fun radio flashback.  Now, if I can only get an engineer in here
to help me thread this tape...

- -Chuck Igo