How about...Air America on college radio?

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Sun Apr 25 18:58:50 EDT 2004

>>How do you know this?  Have you actually heard AirAmerica for any length of time, or are you just repeating hearsay?<<

I've been listening.

While Randi Rhodes has extensive talk-radio experience (and it shows), the rest of the hosts are...well, are what was generally expected from liberals with no radio experience.  They spend endless time effectively interviewing each other, talking to guests with identical viewpoints to theirs, congratulating each other, and worst of all, falling into the easiest talk-radio trap to fall into:  repeat callers.  The "get Bush out of office" drumbeat gets old really fast, and it seems like they have so little else to talk about.

I understand they didn't even hire a program director for the network until two weeks in, and their bonehead moves which got them off the air in LA and Chicago didn't help.

Programming-wise, they still think it's ideology that will make them or break them, and it isn't.  If they don't start being entertaining, and soon, nothing else will matter.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF-WEEI AM/FM-WQSX-WRKO-WVEI
20 Guest St / 3d Floor