Air America grounded in dispute over money (Chicago Sun-Times)

Richard Chonak rac@gabrielmass.com
Sun Apr 18 21:49:30 EDT 2004

Sirius Satellite Radio is adding "Air America" to its lineup starting 4/19:
   http://www.sirius.com/AirAmerica
so I suppose this gives AA national coverage, after a fashion.

Does anybody know how the relationship between Sirius and program providers
  works?   Does "Air America" pay for the slot?

Given that Sirius now carries the weekday talk shows of PRI, 2 channels of
NPR, Air America, its own "Sirius Left" channel, and the gay-oriented
"OutQ", I think Sirius customers will not face a shortage of left-wing
analysis and opinion.    On the conservative side, they have "Sirius Right"
and some of the shows on the variety-talk channels.

--RC