Savage Shuffling

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Thu Apr 15 17:27:14 EDT 2004

According to Radio&Records Online, Michael Savage will
be changing his live airshift on the west coast  from
4:00 to 7:00 pm to 3:00 to 6:00 pm so WOR-AM 710 in
New York can air it live in its entirety from 6:00 to
9:00 pm eastern time.  This of course affects WRKO-AM
which I don't think will want to bump Howie Carr's
final hour.  Thus they may go to a modified 'TKK
and carry M.S. live for the first 2 hours and tape delay
from 9:00 to 10:00. ('TKK I believe does something similar
with the "O'Reilly Sphincter".)
This seems to be a major accommodation to WOR's needs
by Savage's (Weiner's) syndicator; other stations in
this and other time zones would be similarly affected.
Lowell's WCAP-AM could opt for the 6:00 to 9:00 scenario and
claim to be the only source of Savage live throughout!