Could Wang Labs Come Back?

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 04:40:07 EDT 2004

--- Laurence Glavin <lglavin@lycos.com> wrote:
> something called the Time Tunnel.  It was
> designed
> to take the input of a radio station running a talk
> show, store
> it in something akin to random access memory, then 7
> seconds later,
> retrieve it and send it on to the line.

This is the second time I've ever heard of the Wang
Time Tunnel. There's a long running live "sound
collage" radio show on KPFA, "Over the Edge", which
sometimes features media satirists Negativland. On a
tape of one such show, group member David Wills was
heard saying, "I'm gonna ask the listeners: please do
not 'cuss' on the air. We do NOT have a Wang Time
Tunnel..." The show features live input from
callers, be it talk or sound clips.