Janet Jackson on SNL

Jason Roberts - WCTB/WHQO/WSKW maine.radio@verizon.net
Mon Apr 12 21:38:22 EDT 2004

As you may have read by now, Janet Jackson spoofed her Super Bowl "wardrobe
malfunction" in an opening sketch in which she played Condoleezza Rice.
During her testimony, Janet's Dr. Rice becomes flustered and, in an attempt
to divert attention away from the subject at hand, pulls open her blouse
baring her right breast. Of course this was planned and it was very
pixilated (and one would assume not truly bare anyway).

I didn't see it Saturday night, but sometimes tape SNL (mostly for Weekend
Update), so I went back to watch the sketch. Well, most of it. Management at
WLBZ-TV had presumably told the MCO to be prepared for another incident
because soon as Janet reached for her blouse, Channel 2 in Bangor dumped to
black for the rest of the sketch.

Was this unique to WLBZ or did other stations also panic?

-J.

Jason Roberts
VP / Station Manager
WCTB - WHQO - WSKW