Nassau comes to town

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Sat Apr 10 20:53:20 EDT 2004

>>The NAB disagrees with you, as well, Sid. The Maine Association of Broadcasters had a seminar for member stations, presented by the NAB's (Chief?) Legal Counsel, during which we were warned about all of the things that could cause equal access rules to kick in or the LUR to be adjusted to bnefit the buyer.<<

I took the same seminar, when Barry Umansky was NAB's chief counsel, and nothing was said in his talk about "equal time."  "Equal opportunity" was the term used.  A question from the audience asked about "equal time," and Barry pointed out that that term was outdated because the concept was shot down in the courts.