Donna Quoted in CBS Marketwatch

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Sun Apr 4 18:34:07 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donna Halper" <dlh@donnahalper.com>
To: "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 6:26 PM
Subject: Re: Donna Quoted in CBS Marketwatch

> Hey I didn't write it,

I know.

 and I think all the author was trying to do was say
> there are increasingly fewer intelligent choices, be they from the right
or
> from the left, for people to listen to.

That story could be written without linking it to the Edwards story. NPR
gets some bad p.r. so a media reporter says "hey, let's change the subject
back to our usual bashing of commercial radio."

A better story would have looked at how NPR is under all the same commercial
pressures as commercial radio and has done as much to homogenize radio
across the country as Clear Channel.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine