Donna Quoted in CBS Marketwatch

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Sun Apr 4 17:53:01 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donna Halper" <dlh@donnahalper.com>
To: "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 5:35 PM
Subject: Re: Donna Quoted in CBS Marketwatch

> SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) -- Amid all the furor surrounding National Public
> Radio's treatment of Bob Edwards, the situation also says quite a bit
about
> commercial radio's inability -- or unwillingness -- to provide the kind of
> in-depth news and analysis that could attract "Morning Edition" listeners
> looking for an alternative during morning drive time.

Typical.  NPR can't be criticized so commercial radio must be to blame for
Edwards' ouster.  In recognition of the FCC's crack down on indecency, I
will refrain from saying what I really think of this spin on the story and
use the less offensive term of journalistic malpractice.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine