Fwd: RE: Fwd: WFXT 'Been QRP; WODS 'Gone Jingle Bellin'

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Wed Nov 26 16:50:15 EST 2003

> I've been hearing a dx'able signal on WSNH/Nashua in Concord (N.H.) after
> dark lately.  What kind of a night authorization do they have?  Signal
> isn't all that great in Concord even in the daytime.  I also get an
> occasional stereo indication from them, but only at a distance...is there
> someone else on 900 broadcasting in stereo?

According to radio-locator.com, WSNH has 910 watts day, 60 watts
night, both ND.

The day signal is weak but audible here in Somerville MA, a few
miles NW of Boston, if I turn my radio away from the adjacent
interference from 890 Ashland. I can actually faintly hear the
night signal, just enough to tell what song is on, for a short
time just after sunset before it gets buried by other skywaves.

I also get the AM stereo circuit blipping on occasionally with
them. I suspect either some sort of heterodyne on the frequency
being caused by another signal or interference of some sort that
happens to be at a frequency which triggers the AM stereo decoder,
or perhaps some low-frequency oscillation (a subharmonic, or a
bad ground??) in their airchain doing the same.

Eli Polonsky