Shake-up at WEEI

Sven Franklyn Weil sven@gordsven.com
Mon Nov 24 13:00:07 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Sean Smyth wrote:

> WFAN? If the line of thinking was, "We'll just put baseball on there so
> people wake up to all-news in the morning," the Mets would do the trick,
> too.

The idea is to get the baseball listener market locked up.  Doesn't matter
if you're listening to Mets or Yankees.

You're listening to an INFINITY station instead of someone else's.   And
it wouldn't have made sense to cannibalize Infinity's highest billing
station (Sports Radio 66) to bring the Mets to News Radio 88.  The Mets
have been on AM 66 forever....

--
Sven