Fwd: Shake-up at WEEI

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 10:54:39 EST 2003

--- "A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@attorneyross.com> wrote:
> Well, here's another historical trivia question.
> When were the Sox last heard on FM?  Have
> they been on FM at all since the old WHDH-AM & FM
> days?

WPLM-FM (the Campbell Soup--er, Sports--Network)
was the flagship from 1983 through 1989. The following
site lists their flagships throughout their history
(for many years they've been at 850 on
the dial...):

http://webpages.charter.net/joekuras/brdcstrs.htm

As far as Red Sox on FM OUTSIDE of Boston, I can
remember them being on 96.7 (IIRC) in Brattleboro,
VT and 102.3 in Manchester, NH, at one point.

Currently the Red Sox Radio Network has the following
affiliates on FM:

WXTK FM 95.1 W. Yarmouth, MA
WKXL FM 107.7 Hillsboro, NH
WNTK FM 99.7 New London, NH
WBYA FM 106.5 Camden, ME
WCLZ FM 95.5 Topsham, ME
WKTJ FM 99.3 Farmington, ME
WHOU FM 100.1 Houlton, ME
WIGY FM 97.5 Madison, ME
WCTB FM 93.5 Fairfield, ME
WTBM FM 100.7 Norway, ME
WOXO FM 92.7 Norway, ME
WDME FM 103.1 Dover-Foxcroft, ME
WDEV FM 96.1 Waterbury, VT

In Providence, the Sox are on WPRO 630 but their
archrival Yankees are found on FM (WSKO 99.7)