Fwd: Shake-up at WEEI

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@yahoo.com
Sat Nov 22 15:01:34 EST 2003

--- Kevin Vahey <kvahey@tmail.com> wrote:

> For the few conflicta, WODS or WZLX would work fine.
> The Sox would
> actually prefer FM because other than WBZ none of
> the AM signals serve
> NW W and SW of Boston well.

Yup, as long as the PD(s) of those stations don't mind
the occasional pre-emptions of music.

I'd love to hear the Sox on a clear FM
signal, myself; I work nights at a huge post office
in N. Reading with lots of machinery--and reception
of WEEI is tough to get. (I sometimes have to
put a "boombox" near the edge of the building and
use a baby monitor to transmit the signal to my
mail sorting case!). 'ODS or 'ZLX would come in
halfway decent.

(I've wished that WEEI would simulcast-- at least the
games-- on sister station WQSX 93.7 which comes in
VERY WELL in our plant. The antenna is a town away, in
Peabody.)

When I used to work at the postal facility in
Woburn (Washington St.), the games were easy to hear
because they were on WRKO...and you could see the
'RKO sticks in Burlington from our parking lot.