GREAT Boston radio trivia question

Steve West stevewest106@hotmail.com
Fri Nov 21 22:38:33 EST 2003

>What AM station in another US city has contributed two different sets of
>call letters to two different Boston AM stations?

I would say 660 in New York due to it being WRCA at some point in the 50s...
but I'm not sure- that's probably not what you were looking for.  However,
if you had said FM, the answer would be WOR.  The FM side, 98.7 was WOR-FM
until 1973 and RKO's 98.5 FM's calls in Boston were intended to mimic WOR-FM
New York's - thus WROR.  In '73, 98.7 in New York ditched the WOR-FM calls
in favor of WXLO (99X).   After dropping those calls in favor of WRKS in the
80s, 104.5 in Worcester picked up the WXLO calls.