WAAF Worcest..errr... Westborough!

Aaron Read aread@speakeasy.net
Tue Nov 18 09:57:44 EST 2003

At 02:20 AM 11/18/2003, Nostaticatall wrote:
>If you want to get technical, they popped up in at least eight books. WAAF
>regularly shows in the New London CT book.  The station appears in
>the  Portsmouth books every now and then, despite WERZ being on 107.1.
>Most of those WAAF listeners up there were in the southwestern part of the
>market, where WERZ's signal is weakest.
>(snip)
>Mike Thomas

Before and after Z-Rock (WXZR 98.7 East Lyme...now WNLC) the airwaves, WAAF
was extremely popular in the New London area thanks to the Navy sub base
and all the young sailor wanting to rock on while they were on shore
leave.   The signal down there is pretty decent, too.

However, ever since FNX took over WWRX 103.7 Westerly, RI...WAAF's
influence in southeastern CT has dropped to nil.  Sad as it is, WWRX rocks
better and with a much better signal over that area.   I believe that's
also why 102.3 Stonington also dropped the hard rock motif, but I'm not
sure about the timing there...