Cable FM Reception

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 18:22:06 EST 2003

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 16:14:18 -0800 "Peter Q. George"
<radiojunkie3@yahoo.com> wrote:
  How?  Easy! FM Cable!
> Back in the 1970's Albany/Schenectady and Troy were
> already wired for cable, for years.  One of the
> little
> perks with cable TV was that it came with all-band
> FM
> reception, usually from an non-DA receive antenna
> system located at the "headend".

Whatever happened to that?  I discovered that existed
fairly late, when I heard about it in NJ and out of
curiosity hooked the cable line up to my stereo and
found it, complete with a stereo feed of MTV's audio
on 89.5 FM.  But then a couple years later the cable
company was taken over, and after that takeover there
was no more FM reception to be had thru cable.  I
thought I heard somewhere that a law was passed in the
late 80s/early 90s that banned "Cable FM," so to
speak, but don't know for sure.  Anybody here know
what happened?

                                Matt Osborne
                                Poughkeepsie, NY