water and ground waves in DX

David Moisan dmoisan@davidmoisan.org
Sun Nov 16 15:42:16 EST 2003

At 10:44 AM 11/16/2003, you wrote:
>The other day I was in Salem near the Beverly-Salem
>bridge, in the parking lot of a restaurant, waiting
>Well, stations from the Cape and Maine came in very
>well (even better than usual) and I was surprised to
>hear country music on AM 1010. I didn't hear an ID but
>figure it was not WINS, and not CFRB... but a look at
>radio-locator.com indicated it just might have been
>VOCM from Gander, Newfoundland!

Good catch!  In downtown Salem, I usually only get WINS during the daytime,
though with the shorter days I can usually receive CHTN if the Sun is quiet
enough.  I have yet to get Newfoundland.

If it weren't so bitterly cold lately, I'd walk to the bridge to hear for
myself.  At home, I'm surrounded completely by concrete, so I couldn't say
if a wet ground matters. :(

I miss CHSJ, too.

Take care,

Dave