"Let It Be... Half-Naked" on 'ODS

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Fri Nov 14 09:23:17 EST 2003

Roger:
> BZ's production guy pronounced "conducive" as "conductive"
> i.e. "the atmosphere on the film stage wasn't conductive to
> making good music."

Maybe it was a metal floor? <g>

On the subject of Dubita-BZ nostalgia, I, too, recall faithfully listening to
the station, even during it's dominant full service A/C days and the Commander
at night.  I hung in there after Dave for Ron Robin and just about any of the
jocks they ran.  The station always maintained that sound.  Something seemed to
change when "The Spirit of New England" moniker was dashed.  It felt as though
all the news and info in the world couldn't bring "heart" to the signal.  I
suspect that its numbers will not have shown any falter, nonetheless. And that's
what counts in this business.  OTOH, I am glad to hear that the station is
taking interesting steps.

I guess that if 102.7 WNEW can go from a heritage FM with calls to match to
stunting holiday music for seven weeks, then, it's not your father's Oldsmobile.
Wait, Olds is going dark.  <bust it>

Bill O'Neill