"Let It Be... Half-Naked" on 'ODS

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Fri Nov 14 03:20:52 EST 2003

-----Original Message-----
	boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
>Subject: Re: "Let It Be... Half-Naked" on 'ODS
>
>--- Eli Polonsky <elipolo@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >After weeks of promotion and hype for the debut of "Let It Be...
> >Naked", WODS only aired the right stereo channel of it into both
> >channels (R to L+R) through about the first seven songs.
> >
>I heard part of the program on WBZ in stereo on my AM-stereo car radio,
>and it sounded as if left and right channels were the same (no stereo
>effect), or as described above.

I didn't think WBZ broadcast in AM stereo anymore. I understand
that their current main transmitter is in mono, and their AM stereo
generator is only on their backup transmitter. That's probably why
it sounded like mono to you, because it probably was. Did you
actually have an AM stereo indicator light (not just a tuning light)
on?

I have a number of AM stereo recievers and I haven't heard WBZ
in AM stereo during regular programming for at least a year now.

Eli Polonsky