"Let It Be... Half-Naked" on 'ODS

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Nov 14 02:06:41 EST 2003

>Eli wrote--
>I hear it was also on WBZ, but I didn't think of checking them.

I cannot even begin to put into words the feeling of nostalgia that came
over me as I drove home and listened to the Beatles on WBZ.  It brought
back memories of those days in the late 60s when WBZ still played music--
Bruce Bradley was a personal fave of mine, and he loved the Beatles. But
then, who didn't?  It felt a bit surreal listening to music on WBZ-- and
yet, it fit somehow.  These days, there is so little music on AM and so
little unique programming.  I commend Peter Casey for putting the Beatles
special on the station.  (Maybe one of these days, we will also hear a WBZ
top-40 Reunion-- imagine getting Bruce Bradley, Jefferson Kaye, Jay Dunn,
Dick Summer and others together to re-create what Boston's AM stations used
to do so well...)