NH, VT Public Radio applaud $200 million gift from

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Wed Nov 12 00:18:16 EST 2003

On 10 Nov 2003 at 12:38, Brian Vita wrote:

> The purpose of government is to provide us
> protection for danger, both internal and external, to provide us with a
> set of laws and to provide us with a basic education.  It should also
> provide a safety net for those who need an opportunity to get back on
> their feet. It is not a "big brother" whose responsibility is to provide
> me a job, educate me as to what its perception of art is or otherwise
> absolve me from taking responsibility for my own life.

"The legitimate object of government is to do for a community of people whatever they need
to have done, but cannot do at all in their separate and individual capacities."
-- Abraham Lincoln