Fwd: [CBI] Up for sale, WRVG fell short of its big dreams

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Tue Nov 11 16:49:30 EST 2003

> Jeez....WJHU/WYPR, WJUL/WUML, WYCM and now WRVG.  Has anyone been
> keeping  tabs on what colleges/high schools have "sold out" part or all
> of their  stations' programming/license to outside influences?

Pardon the stupid question, but why does a college need a 50 kW radio
station in the first place?  The article mentioned the school getting an
LPFM license for students to run...seems to me that this should be more
than sufficient.  If there were fewer flamethrowers in the noncom band,
there would be room for more stations there.