NH, VT Public Radio applaud $200 million gift from McDonalds widow

aread@speakeasy.net aread@speakeasy.net
Sat Nov 8 14:34:46 EST 2003

> Think that there's any chance that NPR will turn down their welfare check
> from Uncle Sam this year (or at least part of it) since they got the big
> donation and let some other government gimme agency squander the money
> instead?
>
> Brian T. Vita, President

Ah yes, the obligatory smartass remark about public radio funding from Brian.  Wouldn't be an NPR thread without it.

Jeez, Brian...people have been smacked down by the facts on public radio funding vs. corporate welfare so many times I'd think you all would've have learned by now.

- Aaron