BRW: Retiring the term "oldies"

Paul Hopfgarten paul@03038.com
Tue Nov 4 16:22:23 EST 2003

Since the youngest (generally speaking) listener of pre 1964 oldies was
likely a circa 1965 HS graduate, and is now 56 years old, and either outside
or at the edge of the prime demo, other than graveyard AM's, I doubt you'll
see the genre anywhere else.

How many "beautiful music" stations are there now vs 15-20 years ago?

Nirvana's "Smells like Teen Spirit" will be on so called "oldies" stations
in 10 years (or less) as those HS grads hit 40!

Paul Hopfgarten
PO Box 279
East Derry NH 03041
(V) 603-426-5159