Facilities change for 107.9 WHQO Skowhegan

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Sun Nov 2 16:37:23 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mountain Wireless" <mountainwireless@skow.net>
To: "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>;
<boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 4:21 PM
Subject: Re: Facilities change for 107.9 WHQO Skowhegan

 > There have been no facilities changes for 'HQO. This weekend the
programming
> started originating from our "charming" Skowhegan building again rather
than
> Clear Channel's uberfacility in Augusta. (The LMA/JSA for WCTB, WHQO, and
> WSKW between Mountain Wireless and Clear Channel has ended.) I tweaked the
> processing on 'HQO yesterday, but nothing more.
>
> WHQO's signal has always had better coverage than WCTB's. Both
transmitters
> are located in the same general area, but the difference in HAAT between
the
> two antennae is more than 150 feet.
>
> As for WCME, I believe they've been having transmitter problems lately.

So does that mean WHQO will no longer simulcast WVOM?  If so, what will be
the programming on WHQO?  WSKW?

I thought I heard WHQO and WCME broadcasting different talk shows yesterday
but WCME was coming in so poorly I couldn't be sure.

I love WCTB, by the way.  I hope the format stays the same.  I live in
Bowdoinham but work in Waterville so I am a regular listener when I am in
the range of the station.

Why did the LMA end?

I heard a rumor that WCME will no longer simulcast WVOM but is going to a
sports format instead?  Is that true?  Does that mean Augusta will be
without a talk station again?

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine