WRSI Sold

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@yahoo.com
Thu Dec 25 00:14:53 EST 2003

--- Larry Weil <kc1ih@mac.com> wrote:
> WRSI (The River, Northampton, MA) and it's
> rebroadcasters have been
> purchased by Saga.  Format change to come?

>From article:
>>There are no plans to change the format of the
>>station, Christian told the Reformer on Tuesday,

Famous last words!! But who knows.

>> because the station's listeners in the area have
>>responded well to that type of music. But local
>>programming could be coming to the station, he
>>added.
>>"We are looking at adding local programming to
>>serve the Brattleboro community," said >>Christian.
"This may be in the form of local DJs >>talking about
local issues and reporting local >>news."

I'll bet the gang at Radio Free Brattleboro
will want in on that! I've enjoyed the WRSI
stations while in that area and hope they don't
change...WPVQ was also mentioned. I think they're
a country station known as The Bear?