it's a sales problem

Tim Davisson rdavisson@neo.rr.com
Mon Dec 22 15:59:48 EST 2003

> wasn't broken, so why try to to fix it? It still seems to me that it all
boils down to greed>

I'm assuming the format change was made because of poor advertising
revenues.

The station doesn't have the coverage to ever be a full-market station...so,
they have to sell it as a North Shore station to local, "direct"
advertisers/business owners. I'll bet the format was sacrificed because the
owners didn't know how to teach salespeople how to sell advertising on the
station. Oh, so typical. (I'm a radio ad salesman for a rock station
FM/standards AM...I know the drill on both sides of the dial!).