American Top 40 Theme

Doug Bassett hinsdalien@yahoo.com
Sun Dec 21 14:34:24 EST 2003

I once had (maybe I still do in a box somewhere) four
or five AT40 programs from various years on vinyl,
complete with cue sheets ('77 the earliest, the '84
8-disc year end countdown the most recent).  The theme
from the '77 program was refered to as the "Shuckatoom
Theme" on the included cue sheet.  Some of those old
national spots from the early '80s bring back
memories...L.A. Beer anyone?

Doug Bassett
Brattleboro, VT

--- wftn@comcast.net wrote:
> Actually the theme says "shuck-a-toom" and that's
> what the instrumental is called as well.  They
> eliminated the vocal from the end of the program
> sometime in the late 70's.
[...]