New England Cable News

Jeremy Mixer mixer@zoso.net
Sat Dec 20 13:33:17 EST 2003

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Joseph Pappalardo wrote:

> I know once you get up towards Bangor, people are in another world.  ;-)
> However, are people in the Portland area connected with Boston at all?

Without a doubt. As someone who grew up in Saco and now lives in Brewer,
the people up here really could care less about anything south of Augusta.
My Uncle Bill introduces me as his nephew from massachucettes (I have
lived in Maine all of my life but to him south of Augusta is
Massachucettes heh)

In southern Maine, there is definately more Boston stuff in the news but
for the most part it is Maine and New Hampshire that people are interested
in. I think, even in Southern Maine, where Boston is 90 minutes away and
Bangor is 140 miles away, that people still care more about what's going
on in Maine. I could be wrong...

Jeremy