WBZ Production (Was: Storm hype?)

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Tue Dec 16 12:38:53 EST 2003

Garrett Wollman wrote...

> In this case, the message received is somewhere between ``the
> advertiser is an obnoxious twit'' and ``the advertiser has no taste
> whatsoever''.  Certainly doesn't make me all that inclined to go to Post
> Road Carpet when I could go to Able Rug instead.

I've often wondered about the effectiveness of really annoying ads.  Yes,
they get your attention, but do they sell product, or do they send
potential customers to your competition for the exact reasons you
mentioned?   It would seem to me that if you're going to use ads like
this, you would want/need to keep the ads -very- fresh, not let the same
one run for months at a time.

Even if they were convenient, I'd think twice about patronizing Nina's
Lighting just because their ads are so grating...you can barely understand
what the guy says, his accent is so thick!  Hey, just because Frank Perdue
and Lee Iacocca used to voice their own ads doesn't mean every business
has to.  I'm surprised that WBZ allows so many clients to do their own
ads...it just sounds so small market.