Maine's classical music radio network has been sold

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psu.edu
Fri Dec 12 19:27:17 EST 2003

Dan Billings <billings@suscom-maine.net> writes:
<< I wonder about such a provision being enforceable on a property
depending upon a federal license, which can only be transfered with FCC
approval. >>

I thought Simon Geller was selling merely because he couldn't afford to
battle the FCC anymore. (Well, I understand health concerns were also
involved in the mix.) It doesn't sound like he was dealing from a
position of strength therefore I doubt he really would have had the
foresight to put such a clause in the sale agreement.

What about the mandate placed on Ted Jones' estate that WCRB must remain
classical until 2096 or somewhere around there?