Maine's classical music radio network has been sold

Joseph Pappalardo joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 13:09:51 EST 2003

> > Wasn't it written into the sales agreement with Simon Geller that the
> > station would stay Classical?
>
> WBOQ hasn't been classical for some time now. At least a year ago
> they flipped to a format that I would call jazz-pop standards.

I ws under the impression that they were dancing around the edge of the
limitations of what they could do with a format under the Geller agreement.

I was thinking that they were still trying to play "classics"....albeit
American classics, Jazz, standards, etc.

If they flip to something very mainstream, it would be hard to even make a
case that they are living up to the Geller agreement.

$.02

JP