American Top 40 Theme

Garrett Wollman wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Dec 11 17:29:31 EST 2003

<<On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:13:04 -0500 (EST), "SteveOrdinetz" <steveord@bit-net.com> said:

> Curiously, why was Ingram's called the Satellite Survey?  I'm pretty
> sure it was delivered on vinyl...I remember hearing it skip once on
> the air.

I think it's because satellites were still sexy back then.

I know for certain that it was delivered on vinyl, because the station
I heard it on was illegally giving away the program discs in a weekly
contest (you had to call in on Monday night and name the Nth song on
the previous Sunday's countdown to ``win all of the songs on the
survey''), and I won it once.  Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately,
since they were legally stolen property), those discs have long since
disappeared.

-GAWollman