Fwd: Re: Talk radio caller's car hit while she's on air

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Wed Dec 10 18:48:33 EST 2003

>DATE: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:08:37
>From: Bob Nelson <raccoonradio@yahoo.com>
>To: Larry Weil <kc1ih@mac.com>, boston-radio->interest@bostonradio.org

>And I believe the article mentioned she had pulled
>over to make the call to WABC. If callers were
>_totally_ prohibited from making cell phone calls
>to talk radio stations while in their vehicle, you
>would have a lot fewer calls on-air (unless they'd
>choose to break the law in so doing...)

In many cases, these calls via cell phones are not a good
advertisement for the quality of cell phones.  Many times
the call is either dropped totally, or is so substandard
(it sounds like WBZ-AM during the day) that the host
askes the caller to find a better cell or use a landline phone;
digital service is SUPPOSED to keep this from happening, a man wearing a black trenchcoat claims.

Laurence Glavin