Fwd: RE: got weather?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Mon Dec 8 17:58:16 EST 2003

>DATE: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 21:57:11
>From: "Bill O'Neill" <billo@shoreham.net>
>To: "'Donna Halper'" <dlh@donnahalper.com>,<boston->radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org>

>Here in the Green Mtn. State, snow is just a way of >life. Nonetheless, it was
>WDEV (550 Waterbury//96.1 Warren) that win hands->down. Roger Hill wx, live with
>jock 1-2 x per hour, cancellations amidst >music. "Music to get snow-dumped
>by...."  Forget any CC station legitimacy on a day >such as this.  Hall's WOKO
>(98.9 Burl.) didn't fare as well as I would have >expected, even for a weekend.
>CC's WXZO recently brought aboard a "real" weather >guy with WSI's Rob Carolyn
>tracking reports. Not sure if WSI had anyone feeding >today.

When Howard Dean was on "Hahdball With Chris Matthews" exactly
one week ago, he brought up the issue of media consolidation
and his intention to stem and possibly reverse it.
He stated that there were only 2 or 3 radio stations in
all of Vermont that provide reliable local service.
>From your post, it appears he could have more ammunition
for that position.

>Here in western Addison County, we're at about 15" >and still counting.
>Bill O'Neill
>Shoreham, Vermont

What's it like living in a county named after a disease?

Laurence Glavin