Cancellations

Brian Vita brian_vita@cssinc.com
Mon Dec 8 09:38:01 EST 2003

As a parent of a teen, I have more than a passing interest on local school
cancellations.  As I was leaving church yesterday, I was told by someone
that Salem, MA had cancelled school for Monday.  When I got to my office
later in the day, I checked the WBZ, WHDH, WCVB and WRKO websites as well as
cancellations.com.  I also listened to WBZ.  I didn't hear any word of
cancellations.  I checked periodically during the day and still nothing.
Finally, around 7PM last night WCVB had the cancellation on their site but
still nothing on the others.  It wasn't until the early hours of this
morning that the other stations carried the listing.  Cancellations.com,
which claims to list Salem, still has them as open.

Could it be that with tight budgets, no one at the news rooms of any of the
above has the responsibility to update the cancellations as they come in?
It appeared on a couple of sites that they didn't have any weekend
cancellations.

Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
75 Walnut St. - Ste 4
Peabody, MA  01960-5626 USA
Sales: (800)231-8849/Sales Fax (800)329-2775
Bus Ofc +1-978-538-7575/Business Ofc Fax +1-978-538-7550
www.cssinc.com