All Christmas Music

Paul Anderson paulranderson@charter.net
Sun Dec 7 19:51:52 EST 2003

On Dec 7, 2003, at 6:04 PM, Dan Billings wrote:

> This trend has to be stopped!  If this keeps up, every station in
> every market will start playing all Christmas music around Columbus
> Day.

I can't believe there's not more of a backlash against this.  A
neighbor of mine mentioned he always listens to WODS but he and his
wife have stopped listening since they switched to Christmas oldies.
He wrote a letters to the station saying so.

I told him it must work out for the stations or otherwise they wouldn't
do it.  But I still can't believe even if you count only the people who
celebrate Christmas, that so many would want to listen to non-stop
Christmas music for a month and a half starting before Thanksgiving.
Especially tacky Christmas oldies.

Paul