More "Hash" On WBZ-AM

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Thu Dec 4 17:05:57 EST 2003

I noticed a hissing sound on WBZ-AM again this afternoon (12/04)
with really serious hash on 1010, 1020, and 1040...WBIX was
on daytime CH and its splatter covered any hash on 1050 (this was on rt 128).  Up in Methuen there was still some noise on adjacent frequencies, leading me to wonder if
NewsRadio 1030 is testing digital radio.  And if so, could
some noise reach all the way to Lake Sunapee,NH where AM
1010 is broadcasting.

Laurence Glavin