Re: More On The John Dennis Controversy

Mark Watson wrote:

>    The Herald reports that WEEI management is reviewing Callahan's
>involvement in that conversation. Dennis was suspended for 2 days without
>pay as a result of this situation.

Is it just me, or do we have a double standard when it comes to
"racism"?  Between John Dennis, Rush and I forget his name in Rochester
recently getting into hot water for remarks that were considered racist,
yet non-whites seem to get away with much much more and no one seems to say
a thing.  I'm not familiar with the Rochester situation, but I don't
personally consider Rush's comments to be racist...maybe politically
incorrect but certainly not racist.

If a white candidate for public office said anything even close to things
Cruz Bustamonte (sp?), Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton says the media would be
all over them like a cheap suit demanding apologies and withdrawal from the
race and possible banishment to Siberia, yet these guys seemingly can get
away with it.