Re: More On The John Dennis Controversy

  Larry Weil wrote:

> I thought WEEI was a sports station.  This sounds like it has absolutely
> nothing to do with sports.  Other considerations aside, these guys should
> be suspended for being off-topic!

   The "Dennis & Callahan" show is a talk show that discusses sports and
non-sports topics, leaning towards more non-sports issues. That is what WEEI
wanted in mornings. They were hired to do mornings when WEEI chose not to
continue carrying Westwood One's " Imus In The Morning". Imus originates at
WFAN in New York, a sports station. Don Imus hardly talks about sports on
his show, which is carried by stations with different formats.

Mark Watson