Re: Rush "resigns" from ESPN

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Nelson" <raccoonradio@yahoo.com>
To: <petef@sprynet.com>; <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 11:56 AM
Subject: RE: Rush "resigns" from ESPN

> Limbaugh said, though, that he felt his comments
> would make his co-workers feel uncomfortable,
> so he resigned. (He also apologized to McNabb IIRC.)

He implied today that some of the others on the show went to ESPN management
and said that they didn't want to be on the show with him because of what he
said.

Rush should have just used the latest controversy to explain his comments.
He could have said "I didn't know what I was saying, I was stoned at the
time."  ;-)

> Supposedly ESPN hired Limbaugh to be a controversial
> figure, perhaps serving as the ombudsman for the
> common fan. (Oh yes, I'm a typical fan and I
> have $100 million too :) But like Michael Savage
> and MSNBC, you have a situation where someone is
> hired to "be controversial" and get ratings and then
> shock, horror, they actually get controversial.
> What did they expect?

There is a big difference between what Rush said and what Savage said on
MSNBC.