Re: Fwd: WBUR budgetary needs

At 11:21 PM 9/25/2003, Richard Chonak wrote:
>Aaron Read wrote:
>
>>[...] many media-related underwriters have complained - no doubt to many
>>stations - that On The Media pulls no punches in its reports, so they'll
>>pull their money unless station WXYZ drops OTM.   Wordsworth bookstore is
>>guilty of this, as evidenced in the Dec.22, 2001 OTM show (transcript
>>here:
>>http://www.wnyc.org/onthemedia/transcripts/transcripts_122201_middleeast.html)
>
>Aaron, do you mean that Wordsworth specifically objected to OTM?
>I didn't notice anything in the story that showed that.
>
>--RC

IIRC Wordsworth DID later object to the OTM piece - they felt it made them
look bad.  (duh)

Actually, despite my gripes about WBUR it really annoys me that all the
pro-Israel camps have singled out WBUR for carrying NPR which is just so
pro-Palestinian-biased, heavens yes it is!  Blech.  Anyway, they single out
WBUR...when there's two other NPR stations in town, one of which (WGBH) has
a good hunk of the EXACT SAME PROGRAMMING in the mornings and evenings, and
owns two stations that are all NPR news/talk on the Cape...yet only WBUR
gets targeted by these tub-thumpers.

Frankly I don't care if NPR has a bias, and I personally think there isn't
one...or only a slight one.  But when groups get on a soapbox and decide to
sway major news outlets to their own skewed outlook on life by a full-court
attack that borderline hypocritical to begin with...THAT annoys me.