Re: Dan Ingram?

>>In the Daily News today there is a small blurb that Dan Ingram will make his first public comments about WCBS-FM tomorrow on WOR with Ed Walsh. Obviously something happened there that I missed. Anybody know the scoop?<<

I'm assuming that you know he's gone from CBS-FM.  Tomorrow he will presumably talk about the reason why.

The CBS radio stations are, as you've probably heard, running content from AOL, with which they've signed a deal worth mucho bucks.  The idea is that the DJ's are supposed to log onto AOL, pick a current topic on the Welcome page and talk about it.  When Dan did this, he quite properly and lawfully logged the content as a commercial.  He was told not to do that by his boss.  Dan supposedly replied that not only would he not obey that order, but that by not logging the content as a commercial, he was putting himself and the station in legal jeopardy.  Whereupon, the station showed him the door.

Dan revealed this at the AFTRA convention in Baltimore in late July.  Apparently the practice is going on at most music-formatted CBS-owned stations.

The convention wisdom at the time he left was that it was a disagreement over weekend shifts, coinciding with the return of Dan Daniel from an extended vacation.  That appears not to be the case.

Hope someone's airchecking WOR tomorrow.

Sid Schweiger
MIS Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF-WEEI-WQSX-WRKO-WVEI