Re: Hartford gets 2nd hip-hopper

At 10:41 AM 9/16/2003, Martin J. Waters wrote:
>    The latest ratings, I guess tell the story: WMRQ was 11th in the market
>out of 24 stations listed, at 2.5/2.7 for summer '03, pts. 1 and 2. WZMX has
>been the biggest ratings deal I've seen here since WWYZ flipped to country
>back in the day. WZMX went from a way-bad also-ran to flirt with #1 in the
>past several quarters. Right now, it's showing 9.2/9.3 for the two summer
>numbers, basically a tie for second with WTIC (AM), 9.6/8.9. First is
>WRCH-FM, AC, as usual, at 11.0/11.2. But, those three stations are all
>Infinity. Clear Channel's best is in fourth place, WWYZ, at 5.9/6.3.

Supreme bummer.  I liked catching WMRQ on the odd time I'd go through
Hartford.  Reminds me of WXZR "Z Rock" in Groton...the heavy
metal/rock/alternative mix was great for the sailors at the Sub base and
construction guys at Electric Boat building the subs.   Loads of people
listened...but they were all in a demographic that spend next to nothing as
far as the advertisers were concerned and the station rarely (if ever) was
in the black financially.