Channel 21 Concord NH is DT is afternoons ?? on their analog channel

It appeared that channel 21 Concord NH PAX was off the air every afternoon
last week and this. However, tuning in around 1pm today I saw color bars
and the station ID with a DT appended to it.
Around 2:00pm they appeared to by off the air again, but on closer
inspection, that snow filled screen didn't look like the absense of a
signal. It look just like the other local DT channels in the area.

I find it unusual that Ch 21 is testing DT transmissions on their assigned
anolog channel.

John
East Derry NH