Fwd: WNEW changes again...

--
>DATE: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 08:58:01
>From: Matthew Osborne <mattosborne1976@yahoo.com>
>To: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
>
>Not sure if anyone has heard, but WNEW New York has
>changed formats yet again, and fired its entire air
>staff in the process.

>http://www.rronline.com/Subscribers/TodaysNews/homepag>e.htm

>Looks like the Entertainment/Hot AC approach failed
>miserably, as the article says that WNEW scored a
>whopping 0.7 in the Summer Phase II Arbitrend.  Now
>they're reported to be attempting a more mainstream AC
>approach.  Lets see how long this format lasts

>                              Matt Osborne
>                               Poughkeepsie, NY

There's an amusing entry at the New York Radio Board:
competing A/C signal and NYC ratings leader WLTW has
embedded the phrase "Music Women Love" into their website
so if you enter "music women love" at Google, WLTW pops up
as your first choice.  However, the revamped WNEW is
using that slogan on-the-air. I wonder if the
"Queer Eye" crew set any pushbuttons for WNEW when they
do makeovers for guys who need to get in touch with
their feminine sides?

Laurence Glavin