Re: Johnny Cash Has Passed Away

On 12 Sep 2003 at 11:11, Bob Nelson wrote:

> I'm sure country stations will indeed mark the passing in some respect.
> One of the greatest legends of country music. He's up there telling St.
> Peter, "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash." St. Peter smiles and says, "Sir, you're
> a man who needs no introduction..."

Somehow this reminds me of various versions of a joke in which several famous people arrive
at the gate of Heaven and are told that they have to prove their identity.   The first two
manage to do so, and the third, either Dan Quayle or George W. Bush, says something
utterly stupid and is allowed in.